As of August 17, 2022, Kentucky has had a total of 15 cases of monkeypox.
Louisville Metro Public Health emailed Queer Kentucky this morning and said, “We have expanded the Specialty Clinic’s ability to offer monkeypox vaccines to anyone who falls in the PEP++ criteria. We still have a limited supply, but as it trickles in, we can provide more.”
Anyone 18 or older and meets the eligibility criteria (below) can call 502-773-2120 to schedule an appointment for the vaccine. It’s only on an appointment basis. Address is 914 E. Broadway, Suite 102.
Here are the eligibility criteria:
Men who have sex with men, including those who identify as gay, OR bisexual, OR transgender, OR gender non-conforming, OR gender non-binary who are 18 yrs or older AND
- Have had multiple or anonymous male, transgender, or gender non-conforming sex partners in the past 14 days; OR
- Had a diagnosis of gonorrhea and/or early syphilis within the past 12 months; OR
- Are on HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) OR
· Persons who attended an event/venue where there was a high risk of exposure to an individual(s) with confirmed monkeypox through skin-to-skin or sexual contact in the last 14 days. OR
· Individuals who, on a case-by-case basis, are determined to have reasonable suspicion of recent direct skin-to-skin or body fluid contact to a known or suspected case of monkeypox virus.
We are starting to schedule vaccines for new and established patients. The organization is Shawnee Christian Healthcare Center phone number 502-778-0001. Folks can call for a provider visit and it would be helpful if they specifically mention the monkeypox vaccine so that the team can prep it. We accept insurance, Medicaid, and uninsured patients. We have a sliding fee available to reduce cost based on income.