Volunteers of America Mid-States HIV program is dedicated to helping educate the community around testing, prevention and treatment resources.
They conduct free, confidential HIV testing with results in minutes, distribute an abundance of safer sex supplies to the community and provide linkage to care when appropriate. Their program also provides housing assistance for individuals living with HIV.
“We are excited to contribute to a community free from the spread of HIV,” said Program Manger Marshall Kellner.
Folx can get tested at their HIV office located at 933 Goss Ave, as well as multiple venues across the Kentuckiana area. They can even provide testing in your home, if that is more convenient for you.
Our office testing hours are Monday-Friday 9am-4pm. Appointments are preferred but not required. Visit us on Facebook at VOA FIT for any calendar changes or closings.
- A quick finger prick test
- The rapid finger prick test takes approximately 5-7 minutes to process
- HIV education and counseling
- If the test is positive:
- Individuals will be asked to take a second, different test to confirm the result
- If confirmed positive from the second test, individuals will be linked into comprehensive care to ensure their health and wellness are secured
VOA Fit provides the ability to test couples as well! Go together, know together.
- confidential couples tests allow individuals to ensure they are loving safely and continue to love safely by verifying their HIV status.
VOA Fit welcomes any suggestions or requests for how we can better expand our free HIV testing services at 502-635-4506 (for Louisville) or 502-635-4505 (For the wider Louisville Metro area and surrounding counties). Or email them at HIVprevention1@voamid.org